Designers of the world famous manufacturers and the most popular fashion brands at Sunglass design varied styles of sunglasses such as Polarized sunglasses for men, women and kids.
You’ve most likely heard about polarized sunglasses before, however perhaps you’re wondering how they really work and what they do. We’re sure you have a variety of questions on these unique sunglasses and their advantages, thus check out all the information below.
What is Polarized lenses ?
Polarized lenses are those type of lenses that are coated with a special chemical film which helps reduce glare.This type of lenses cut reflected glare — when sunlight is reflected off of water or a solid surface like pavement, car windows and chromed surfaces. By neutralizing glare, polarized sunglasses help you to see objects more clearly. They also help reduce the harmful effects of UV light. They might be useful particularly for driving and fishing.
How Polarization Works:
The sun’s rays reflect light in each direction , usually light reflected from flat surfaces like a flat road , car window or water is horizontally polarized. (This sometimes creates dangerous intensity of light.) The reflected light rays back at our eyes and is magnified, causing glare that may be a real buzzkill. It reduces our depth perception, distorts our view and color perception, and might even temporarily blind you.
Polarized lenses contain a special chemical filter that blocks this kind of intense reflected light and reducing glare. Polarized lenses block light rays that enter usually your eyes after reflecting off of any surfaces. the sunshine that enters our eyes after passing through a polarized sunglasses has been filtered and allowing the user to visualize clearly.
Who Can Use ?
Variety of other outdoor sports enthusiasts like water-sport athletes, golfers, cyclists, and joggers and people who enjoy general outdoor recreation can all benefit from polarized sunglasses. Fishermen ,boaters and drivers can use it to protect their eyes from reflection of sunlight and discovered the benefits of polarized lenses .
Ask your eye health adviser or eye doctors they will suggest you what types of polarized lenses are right for you.
Benefits of Wearing Polarized sunglasses:
1. Reduce Glare and Improve Safety:
On a sunny day a polarized sunglasses removes the effects of glare by blocking reflections of sunlight. This improves your eyes comfort and permits you to require within the view without squinting. Roadways and water sources are the major culprits of glare and might cause danger to drivers . People who may already struggle with vision problems they can use polarized sunglasses to Improve Safety.
2. Water Sports:
You may notice that out of doors enthusiasts like fishermen and boaters love polarized sunglasses which makes them easier to see into the water. The water’s surface which simply reflects everything around it. Polarized lenses block this type of reflections and enable the user to see the contents of the water instead of the sky.
3. Reduce Eyestrain:
Another nasty side effective of glare, eyestrain may be relieved with polarized sunglasses wear squinting to see clear images stresses the eyes and creates uncomfortable eye health problems like redness, irritation, fatigue, and headaches. Polarized lenses neutralize this issue and permit eyes to feel easier and well unwearied.
Wearing polarized lenses will reveal colours and images like never before. You may see sharply and cleanly, with a level of detail that will astonish you. By using polarized sunglasses the majority of the people can improve the clarity and quality of their daytime vision.
Where not applicable?
Polarized sunglasses are not appropriate in a few circumstances such as night driving, flying an airplane, downhill skiing, and viewing LCD screens.
Types of Polarized Lenses:
a) .75 mm polarized lenses:
These type of lenses polarized lenses are made from thin sheets of film that are good for most casual sports such as running and golf.
b) 1.1 mm polarized lenses:
These type of polarized lenses are made with thicker sheets of film and more expensive.
Picking you right pair and protect your eyes with style :
Getting the correct pair of polarized sunglasses isn’t all about finding frames you prefer and lenses that look spiffy. In fact, there are a lot of frames you would possibly love that don’t look right once you are trying them on.You might choose that pair which also match with your clothing style.
There are many things you will do to assist narrow down your look for the most effective pair.First, you’ll be able to know about a way to pick glasses for your face shape. Round, Square, Oval, Heart shaped, there’s one thing for everyone!
When you have a decent idea of the proper size and shape, you’ll be able to choose your choice able color by looking into choosing the best color for your skin and hair.
There are lots to choose from in the sunglass world, and therefore the value isn’t as necessary as what you’re obtaining for it. That being said, you would like to make sure you’re obtaining protection first and quality as a close second. Amazon is the best online market place where you can find the right pair for you.
Pros and Cons of Polarized sunglasses :
- Increases visual comfort. Since your eyes aren’t constantly challenged by glare, it’s easier to look at objects in bright conditions.
- Enhances clarity of vision and contrast for ground level objects .
- Reduces eyestrain. Frequent changes to the glare from reflections is burdensome on the eyes and may result in eye fatigue.
- Conveys colours reliably.
- Diminishes reflections and glare.
- Polarized lenses build it difficult to look at lcd screens. They produce the effect of making the images on the screen disappear at bound angles. Pilots or operators of serious machines are discouraged and infrequently prohibited from using polarized lenses. you may have problem operating an ATM with polarized glasses.
- Though recommended for skiing, they’ll really compromise contrast in bound light conditions, making it difficult to distinguish between patches of ice or snow and moguls.
- Glasses with polarized lenses are typically more expensive than regular lenses.
Ray-Ban 0rb3025 Polarized Aviator Sunglasses
- Metal frame with Glasses lens
- 100% UV protection coating
- Lens width: 58 mm and height: 48 mm
- Bridge: 14 mm and Arm: 135 mm
- 2″ high and 3″ wide
- Aviator sunglasses featuring tipped arms with brow bar and adjustable nose pads
- Case Included
- Lenses are prescription ready (Rx-able)
- Made in China
- Lightweight acetate Frame. (Acetate is a plant-based plastic )
- Plastic frame
- Crystal lens
- Lens width: 52 mm and height: 37.4 mm
- Bridge: 18 mm ; Arm: 145 mm ; 2″ high
- Featuring Classic Wayfarer sunglasses with plastic frames .
- Etched logoing at left lens and arms
- Dimensions 52mm-18mm-145mm
100% UV400 protection coating
- Acetate Frame. Acetate is a plant-based plastic known for being lightweight, yet durable.
- Glasses might not sit completely flat
- Slight adjustments to the shape
- Curvature of the sunglasses arms that needed to get a custom fit.
- Lenses are prescription-ready (Rx-able).
- Ray Ban products include an etched “RB” on the left lens.
The RB is not a scratch or defect.
- Protective case
Oakley Men’s Holbrook Polarized Rectangular Sunglasses
- Plastic frame and plastic lens
- Width of Lens : 55 mm
- Optimized peripheral vision
- Side protection of 6 base lens curvature
- Optical precision & its impact resistance meet or exceed Z87.1 optical
- Basic impact standards
- UV protection of Plutonite® lens material that can filters out 100% of UVA/ UVC / UVB & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight.
- Stress-resistant O Matter® frame material
Tree Tribe Polarized Bamboo Sunglasses, Original Style Floating Wayfarer + Case
- Bamboo frame
- Composite lens
- Lens width: 53 mm
- POLARIZED LENSES which Provide crystal clear vision with UV400 protection
- A scratch resistant coating. 53mm x 39mm lens.
- Crafted with 100% real bamboo frames,
- Every pair is unique .
- These sunglasses float in water!